If you use Soundplant commercially or would like to support the software and upgrade to a more professional range of features, buy a license. You'll be instantly emailed a registration code valid for both the Windows & Mac versions.
|Free Version 50||Registered Version 50|
|sound file formats supported||Limited to wav, 16-bit, uncompressed||Virtually all types including 24-, 32- & 64-bit, compressed formats like mp3, mp4, m4a, flac, wma, ogg, aac, alac, wv, ape, a-law, μ-law, audio from video files like avi, mpg, mov, wmv, divx, flv, 3gp, other files like bwf, snd, au, & more|
|background key input||No||Yes, trigger Soundplant with configurable global hotkeys while using any other program|
|sound output device selection||No, limited to use of the system default sound device||Yes, user-selectable, including ASIO support|
|output sample rate||Limited to system default, typically 48 kHz||Up to 384 kHz, user-configurable|
|multiple Soundplant instances||No||Yes|
|commercial use permitted||No||Yes|
|nag at startup||Yes||No|
• If you earn money while using Soundplant, you are a commercial user and must buy a registration.
• Organizations must purchase 1 license per each user of Soundplant, on any number of computers. Soundplant is licensed per-user not per-computer. The Unlimited Users Site License includes bulk deployment options to facilitate automated mass Soundplant installations.
• The Soundplant license is not time-limited, and includes 2 years of free upgrades.
• For customization inquiries (Soundplant can be customized to meet the needs of your business, store, kiosk, school, etc.), send an email to soundplant [at] soundplant.org.
• If you need a license for an older version of Soundplant, the v.50 registration code will also activate earlier Soundplant versions down to v.41, so you can just purchase latest v.50 using the links above. If you require a license for ancient versions 39 or earlier, send an email to soundplant [at] soundplant.org.
• Soundplant is available to try before you buy, download the fully functional trial here.